New User Introduction Thread
  • Godlike Fuzzydice

Welcome!

I always like to have a thread for new users to introduce themselves, how they got here, and sort of introduce themselves to the community. Seeing as how I’m the one starting the thread, I figure I should probably go first.

My name’s Chris, and I’m a software developer from Lubbock Texas. I’m the ‘mastermind’ behind this whole Skewed Aspect thing, and I’ve been working with @whitelynx and @Burstaholic for over a decade to make this crazy dream of ours a reality.

More recently, I met and married @Leftie, who has been supportive, kind, and all too forgiving of my crazy scheme. She’s wonderful, and you absolutely should check out her Tumblr. (She’s an artist, and has a bunch of neat stuff over there.)

Other than that, there’s no much else to tell. I love Science Fiction, writing, and being a geek. *shrugs*

So, who’s next?

• cautiously peeks out of the corner…

@Morgul, It’s incredible how long you guys have stuck together, SA is looking pretty nice! (Except for that logo, it screws with my head)

Your wife is an excellent artist, though her Tumblr seems broken-ish? :)

— Introduction —
    Uhh, my name is Stephen, I’m from McKinney Texas, and am an industrial systems debugger working in Shanghai, China.

Not entirely sure how I’ve gotten involved in this project, but I’d love to help where I can without getting formal.

I like cats, starting half-finished projects, and eating (cheap, REAL) Chinese food.

last edited by TriBlade9
  • Godlike Fuzzydice

@TriBlade9 said:

@Morgul, It’s incredible how long you guys have stuck together, SA is looking pretty nice! (Except for that logo, it screws with my head)

The logo’s my wife’s doing. Blame her. :-p

Your wife is an excellent artist, though her Tumblr seems broken-ish? :)

Is it? @Leftie you should probably check into that.

Not entirely sure how I’ve gotten involved in this project, but I’d love to help where I can without getting formal.

Hey, it’s great to have someone who isn’t part of the core group trolling around. XD

That logo messes with MY head! I had to take much more basic Escher-style letters, and mash them into submission to the point where these picky code-monkeys were satisfied with it. :P

Thank you for the compliment, @TriBlade9! And yeah, I checked out my tumblr. Turns out certain homemade themes got sorta broken with a recent update. Just went to a standard one until I can sort that out. I think I’ll just write a theme from scratch. digs out old CSS knowledge from eons past

All that said, I am Ginny, wife of @morgul! Cower before us! I’m a freelance artist and almost-comic-book-artist. I’ll change that title once I have more work to show for it. I’m a native Long Islander who escaped to the romantic land of dust and pickup trucks… Working on the romantic part, actually.

I have a compulsive need to draw at almost any given moment, and when I’m not doing that, I’m playing way too many video games, reading not quite enough books, and ingesting movies at an alarming rate. If asked to name my greatest skill, I would not answer procrastination. Because sometimes being honest makes me feel sad.

• @Morgul said:

Is it? @Leftie you should probably check into that.

Well, it looks like everything is small and off to the side, with nothing in the middle, and buttons are out of place, etc. But after closer inspection, there are a bunch of files not loading properly.

EDIT: Ah, okay, nice to know. ;)
    Nice to meet you Mrs Case!

last edited by TriBlade9
  • Hello,

I’ve discovered skewed aspect years ago, following panda’s project.
    I have exactly same project, that RFI was, and I take a look time to time to evolution of this project.

I was hopping your project grow up more quickly than mine (because I am alone, and I have not your skills), but I see that lot of things make RFI restarting again and again.

I wish you to continue this project, because it is great that indies can do that and it is inspiring for people like me.

I like programming, science fiction but heroic fantasy too, video games, and I like challenge with passion, and I like to never finish any of my project :(

• Godlike Fuzzydice

@shimrod Well, I’m glad we can at least inspire you in some ways. :)

I know what you mean about the project restarting. One of the issues has always been that there’s an infinite number of ways to get something wrong, and since we all have ‘Real Life’ to content with, there’s never been this huge sense of urgency to the project.

I’ve tried my best to keep pushing people, and it works sometimes, but we’ve never had quite enough momentum for the project to be sustainable. We’re trying to change that, and every time we get a little further.

That being said, we’re back at it, and no major rewrites since we switched to node.js, just a pause due to the craziness of the holidays, mixed with some personal stuff. The good news is, our first new version in a long time is about to be released (possibly tonight, if I do that instead of sleeping. ;))

We’d love to have more people working on things, and we’re attempting to get things into better shape for new contributors. If you’d like to work on the project, we more than welcome you! If not, My expectation is that by the end of March you should see us standing up a server with registration, chat, and the ability to fly around and shoot each other. Once we have that, we can start building a community, me thinks. :)

Stick around, and thanks for the support.

• Thank you for invitation.
    I will take it at my mind.

For the moment, it seems you are restarting too much, and writing game too less.
    Maybe if it becomes more stable, I will be tempted to join your team.

Let me see you can go further in the project :D

Views
  • Looks like your connection to New User Introduction Thread was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.