[Feedback Requested] So, I need to rename a project...
  • SA Member

Going with the pun of ‘trivia’ for the models project appeals to me, but may be insufficiently descriptive.

• Godlike Fuzzydice

@Burstaholic To some extent, that’s what descriptions and keywords are for; when you search for “key value json” in npm, jbase currently is at the top of the list. So, with creative keywords, we can make sure the project gets found in most searches, and then as it gets popular, it’ll naturally be ranked higher.

On the other hand, something to consider: my target audience is me. I don’t care how popular it gets, I want something with the API that I favor, that just works. That’s why I wrote it. So I can call it whatever I want, really. I’m just a crazy sod who also wants to make this stuff discoverable by anyone who agrees with my designs. XD

To the point: I kinda like that play. I’m just not sure if I want to tie the models lib to trivialdb that much.

• SA Member

I kinda like that as a name for a models library all on its own, actually.

“Trivia: An Easy Database ORM”

• Godlike Fuzzydice

@Burstaholic Hmm… that’s not bad.

• Godlike Fuzzydice

So, with some more thought in this, right now, I really tempted to go with:

• jbase => trivialdb, “TrivialDB: A simple json-backed key value store.”
    • model api => trivia, “Trivia: An Easy Database ORM”

last edited by WhiteLynx
  • SA Member

Since you do in fact have a few users, some thought will need to be put into deprecation + migration, but I like it.

• Godlike Fuzzydice

@Burstaholic My plan is to use npm depricate and put a big notice on the jbase npm project. Should work well.

• SA Member

I personally liked Store.IO and Models.IO quite a bit, but I really can’t argue against TrivialDB and Trivia either. Either should work well, I think.

I also agree with @Burstaholic about using the term “backend” instead of “driver”. (I also like it better than knex’s choice of “dialect”, since it involves more than just the query language dialect used to render queries)

• Godlike Fuzzydice

Now that I’ve had time to sleep on it, I think I’m going to go with trivialdb and trivia.

I doubt I’ll get to this for a few days, so there’s still time to register dissention.

• Godlike Fuzzydice

I lied. I renamed jbase to trivialdb.

I’ll worry about splitting the project a little later.

Views
  • Looks like your connection to [Feedback Requested] So was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.